Friday, July 31, 2009

Bodega Surf Cam

Okay, here it is. My first attempt at filming a ride in on the boogie board. Actually, this is several rides. It was more trouble than it was worth to turn the camera off and on each time.

You'll notice that I had little trouble keeping my head up while riding the board in. That's one drawback to the camera mounted on a helmet - I'm never completely sure that I have it aimed perfectly. But I think you'll catch the excitement of riding the wave.




There's actually a shot of me wiping out on the next to the last ride. It didn't make the cut because it extended the video beyond the length of the audio track., but it's pretty funny.

And for those who were wondering, I have a full wet suit with shoes and gloves. I'm a lot happier when I not cold.

1 comment:

Michelle & Trevor said...

Oh man, I wish I could have seen you doing this. I'm picturing my dad tromping off toward the ocean with a camera mounted on his head, a boogie board in hand, and a grin while the little children whisper to their parents "why is that man like that?" Haha, Thanks so much for posting this Dad! It's almost like I got to come with you guys.