Friday, August 13, 2010

State fair Fun

We actually went to the State Fair a month ago. For some reason they moved the dates of the fair to July from August when it usually is. It was pretty good, and of course the food was great.

The first photo is for the Industrial Arts exhibit, showing a big dragon kind of thing that some high school kid made. The hydraulics were very impressive. The one next to it is from the Arts and Crafts exhibit, and is a quilt made out of ties - with the added attraction of having the labels from each tie placed in a strip between each row.


;;;;;;;;



I really liked this sculpture of the "sleeping baby head" with the moon and sky painted on it. Made me long for the good old days (minutes rather) of sleeping babies. And the roadster made from scrap junk was incredible. The info posted on it said that it is a street-legal vehicle that actually runs. I thought it actually looked nicer than most of he cars I've owned.

;;;;;;;;



I had fun snapping photos of Melody in front of a couple of backdrops. You can surely see the resemblance in both photos. (hee, hee)

;;;;;;;;



One of the best exhibits at the fair was this dino cave where they had animated dinosaurs. There were several dinosaurs making noise and moving around. I thought my grandchildren would really enjoy watching these, almost as much as I enjoy them. Very cool.

;;;;;;;;


All in all, it was a pretty darn good day. I ate a jumbo corn dog, a deep fried Snickers bar, a plate of ribs (with all the trimmings), and ice cream cone, and various other delicacies. Washed it all down with several cups of lemonade. I love going to the fair.

1 comment:

Michelle & Trevor said...

That baby head is possibly the creepiest thing I've seen all month.