Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bike Around Marysville

Next weekend is the annual "Bike Around the Buttes" ride to benefit the local diabetes foundation. I have ridden this before (both the 40 mile and the 17.5 mile). One reason is because it's such a beautiful ride, if the weather is nice. Anther reason is because I have a student with diabetes who's mother is one of the organizers. The biggest reason this year is that my brother Mike is coming all the way out from Utah to ride the 17.5 mile route with me. That makes me happy.

;;;;;;;

So this morning, my not as big brother Rich and I rode around Marysville as a warm up. Just east of our houses you can get on the levee and ride up and over the the 5th Street Bridge, then go up past Marysville cemetery and the high school and around to the recycle plant on Hwy 20, then back through Riverfront Park - all on the levees. From the park you get back on the bridge and ride home the way you came. It's a nice 15 mile loop and good prep for next week.

1 comment:

mr.math said...

Sure sounds like fun. I'm sure Mike will have better weather there than I had last month. Enjoy!