Saturday, August 10, 2013

Why We Live In Yuba City

There are a lot of reasons why we stay in YC, not the least of which are shown below. I rode my bike about 4.5 miles west of home a couple of mornings ago, looking for blackberries. This is what I saw:



Rice ripening. Acres and acres, all over the surrounding counties. Beautiful.





Prunes ripening on the trees in the background with a full irrigation ditch.
Where else can you be and see this much water daily - in mid-August?





And, of course, blackberries. We used to pick them over the levee when I was
growing up. Now I find them along ditches and canals throughout the county.


I find all the scenes very beautiful. And I like the growing things all over the place. I returned to the blackberries yesterday morning and got a couple of quarts worth. There were plenty of red berries that will be ready for picking in the next couple of weeks. I hope to get enough for lots and lots of jam. To put on homemade bread. 

1 comment:

mr.math said...

Soon I will blog about why we live in Jerome. Well, maybe not THAT soon.