Sunday, June 1, 2008

So here's the deal...

Sorry for not updating the blog for a while. There are a couple of excuses (no good reasons) I will offer:

First, this past week was the last week of school here - a week that really needs 6 days instead of the usual 5 for me to accomplish everything that needs to be done, but in fact only had 4 due to Memorial Day. (Who's bright idea was it to end school the week of Memorial Day? Oh yeah, the union was involved).

Second, this was also the week prior to stake conference, which as you might guess is fairly busy for a stake president. I'm not complaining at all. It was a WONDERFUL conference! However, one member asked me: "Since you're in charge, why don't you just change the dates?" Of course, I'm not in charge of that - Pres. Packer makes those assignments - and I have not felt at all comfortable with going to him and saying: "Gee, I'm kind of busy that week, how about if you pick another weekend for us?"

Anyway, I have photos and information from Memorial Day that will be kind of fun for you to see. We're going to AZ tomorrow to see Grant and Lucy (Pam & Rob who?) so I should have time to post them this week. See ya in the funny papers.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

How fun! Have a great time.