Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's Brrrrr Cold!

Now for those of you who are unfamiliar with all of the quaint sayings in the Hall family, "Brrrr Cold" is much worse than your common, everyday, ordinary cold. And it's Brrrr Cold here now. It's been below freezing three nights this week. I've actually had to scrape my windshield in the morning. To make matters worse, the heater in my car is broken - so I get no relief driving to school. And they are predicting light snow overnight this Sunday. On the other hand, when it's clear like this, it warms up real nice in the afternoon. Shirt-sleeve weather.

Must be all that global warming I hear so much about. . .

In other news, I did my Christmes Concert with both schools last night. It went real well. There's always a few minor gaffs that no one but me (and the students) know about - but over all they did great job. We played some pretty mature music for this age group: Phantom of the Opera, Pachelbel's Canon in D, and on the lighter side: Sleigh Ride and Born to Be Wild. I have to keep reminding myself that the oldest, most mature students I have are. . . Deacon and Beehive aged. Who'd a thunk they could do such things?

Mom and I look forward to seeing you all soon.

1 comment:

Michelle & Trevor said...

NO!! There can be NO SNOW in Yuba City. We are coming to Yuba City to get away from snow. And, you know, to see family and all that. But the snow followed us to Washington last year, and there will be NO SNOW this Christmas.