Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yuba City Falls

This is a view which probably none of you have ever seen - even if you've stood where I was standing when I took the photo.

This place is nearly always nothing more than a little rapids in the course of the Feather River. The drop you see in this fall is a good four feet or more.

The lack of rain has lowered the level of the river dramatically. I took this when I was out riding my bike in the river bottoms today about f(just before it started to rain).



1 comment:

Vecchiocane said...

Pete-ster, I would like to know where you were standing exactly. Although it is certain you are on the West side of the river looking North, right? The river bottoms have changed a lot in the 38 years since I left home, but it also appears to be at a point well south of the old 373 2nd Street homestead. Do you have Long and Lat for this spot?