Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Lights in Yuba City, CA

A full week later than usual, I finally got the Christmas lights up around our house. (Not without some difficulty, however, having gotten halfway through the job before realizing I had to start all over again due to non-functioning strands of lights and one particularly long stretch that somehow had female plugs on both ends. How does THAT happen?) Anyway, it all turned out well in the end as you can see below.




MERRY CHRISTMAS



Melody bought the Christmas tree and her timing was impeccable. She showed up just as they were unloading a new shipment. I'm grateful for her taking on this responsibility. I'm afraid we've been a little lost since they closed the Christmas Tree farm where we used to cut our own for so many years. It was a sad thing, and we haven't come up with another place yet. But the one she picked looks tremendous even before decorating, so we're excited!

3 comments:

Michelle & Trevor said...

I was so sad to learn that they don't have any cut-your-own farms around here! I thought about going up into the mountains to cut one down again, but the idea of lugging Atticus all over the side of a mountain in the snow and freezing temperatures was just not appealing. I mean, it was uncomfortable enough with him in my uterus last year. Anyway, we had to do the same thing this year. It's just not quite right.

mr.math said...

First year for us to have lights on the outside and I prefer doing those than putting the ones on the tree. I appreciate hearing about other's challenges with them.

Chris Hall said...

Nice Dad they look great!