Saturday, June 12, 2010

Busy Week, Fun Week

Pam an Rob and their family came for a visit last weekend. What a blast that was! I was just a bit busy with stake conference, but had time to play with the kids and have fun. We played at the school across the street, flew a glider plane, shot the foam rocket, and went to the water park.

One of my favorite things to do is feed the grandkids. (I used to like getting breakfast for our own kids when they were little.) This was Saturday morning I think, and I started them out with a nice glass of chocolate milk. Yumm!

;;;;;;;;




We actually hit two water parks that day. The first one was having some "issues" and the water would run for 2 minutes, then be off for 10. So we drove to another one and got wetter. Neither one was as nice as the water park in Rexburg (far from it), but it provided something for the kids to do and we all had fun.

;;;;;;;;



Tuesday morning I got up and voted (California primaries for state officers and more dumb voter initiatives), then I took of for the annual 3 day hike for the 4th level girls in YW (for 30 years so far. There was too much snow at Lassen for us to go where we had planned, so we went to Bullards Bar (where there was no snow, but lots of loud drinkers). Below is my camp site with my old tent and sleeping bag in the foreground and my new hammock in the background. Also, the old camp bucket I made years ago with my new seat pad on it.



The photo on the left is of the girls and Troy Bair fixing dinner. Bro. Bair's tent and backpack is on the right. I really like the tent and think I'd like to get one like it. His pack is actually his kit for fighting forest fires (he's a fire captain in the Sacramento area and sometimes is called upon to help the CDF firefighters).

;;;;;;;;

Troy and I will be leading abour 18 Young Men on a 50 mile hike the week of June 21st during our Aaronic Priesthood Camp. We will probably hit Old Man Mountain, Meadow Lake, and Grouse Ridge.

No comments: