Saturday, June 12, 2010

Stake Conference

A couple of months ago I got a call from Elder Russell M. Nelson. (That was quite a surprise). He said he would be coming to our stake conference in June and bringing a newly called Seventy Juan A. Uceda. All of the preparations went well and I went to pick them up at the airport Saturday. Melody and the girls prepared two wonderful lunches for Sat. and Sun. and it was very nice to have them in our home.

All sessions of the conference went well, and we had a record number of members attend. After sitting next to Elder Nelson for 6 hours on the stand, I feel much less concerned now about how much I fidget during meetings.

The grand children were very well behaved (Pam and Rob have dome a wonderful job with them), and Kim got to ask Elder Nelson about Uganda (she left for there yesterday). Before leaving our home, Elder Nelson picked up Lucy, kissed her on the forehead and told her goodbye. She my not remember that, but I'll never forget it. Elder Uceda was marvelous and it was a privilege to get to know him.

Grant was looking fine Sunday morning.



No comments: