Sunday, October 24, 2010

Thoughts on the passing scene...

I've still been very busy for the past two weeks, but things seem to be lightening up now. I've been able to get through most of the instrument repair work, Melody is starting to feel better, and stake conference is over.

Conference was wonderful. I don't know how it happens, but every speaker was great. The music was probably the best we've ever had, and added so much to the meetings. I have a couple of great men for counselors, and it is a pleasure to listen to them preach in these meetings.

I have a performance this week with my top bands. There is a student delegation visiting from our Sister City, Toride, Japan and we will be there to welcome them. We generally play for a half an hour, then play both US and Japan's national anthems during a short ceremony. It's fun, but takes a lot of work to set up and make happen.

Yesterday and today have been quite rainy. Downright stormy today with lots of wind and plenty of water. Tomorrow will be more of the same. Guess it's that time of year. I miss the warmth of summer already.

One final thing. My good friend Cliff Johnson is always giving me things (mostly because his wife is helping him get rid of stuff that she doesn't really think he needs to keep anymore - they're moving soon). This last week he gave me his buffalo robe outfit. He got it from an old Indian who used it in Hollywood films. It consists of a headdress (complete with horns) and a very heavy coat with tail. It smells pretty strong right now, but I'm airing it out and look forward to wearing it to some big scout function someday. Anyone who comes to visit is welcome to try it on!

Maybe I'll post a photo of it soon.

1 comment:

mr.math said...

Well yeah, we of course want to see it! Maybe you can take a picture of Melody wearing it...priceless.