Monday, January 10, 2011

More Aquarium Photos

Here's the promised photos from the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Melody really gets a kick out of penguins (who knew... I've been married to her for 32, years and I didn't), and I always like seeing the life-sized replicas of whales, orcas, and the like. So here they are - African penguins and a humpback and her calf.

;;;;;;;;


This was a pretty cool spiny crab, and we got to see a diver feeding fish in one of the large aquariums. Which doesn't make any sense to me at all. They go out into the bay and capture all these different species, then pen them up in these tanks... but they won't let them eat each other like they would in their own environment. What are they worried about? That someone might see it happen? They make this pretense about being natural and not intruding on wildlife or subjecting it to human constructs - then they go and pull this. It's dumb. They talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.
(okay, I'm done now)

;;;;;;;;


More pretty fish on the left, me hamming it up in a life-sized giant clam on the right. I love clams, they taste great.

;;;;;;;;


And here it is, an exhibit specially designed for Pam and Rob. . .

THE

No comments: