Friday, March 11, 2011

A Visit from Japan

Over 20 years ago I had a foreign exchange student at the high school from Japan - Keiichi Goto. He was a great kid, who learned to play the trumpet, and did pretty well. He was a bright, happy young man and was a pleasure to have in class. He enjoyed high school, his friends, and the band so much that he applied for and received an extension to his visa and permission to stay second year. Over the years he has kept in touch with me via email and Christmas cards. A month or so ago he brought his parents with him and returned for a visit.



It was really fun to see him again. (That's him on the right in case you couldn't tell). Anyway, after he got home to Japan, he sent me a box with various Japanese snack food (how did he know?) and this photo that his parents shot of us.

Today's earthquake made me think of him again. I have heard yet how he's doing, but I hope for the best.

No comments: