Sunday, February 27, 2011

Palm Springs in the Winter

Mom & I had a fun (quick) trip to Palm Springs. I coaxed the school into paying the conference fee to the annual California Association for the Gifted (CAG) and a hotel by offering to pay my own transportation fees. So we left school early Thursday and drove down. Even with slow traffic around Bakersfield, it was still only an 8.5 hour trip - the same as driving from here to Boise. We drove home Saturday afternoon.

This is us (the cutest girl in the world and some goofy looking guy) with the Hilton Hotel where we stayed in the back ground. The downtown area is just beyond that.

;;;;;;;;


I had some really good classes and workshops at the conference. I especially enjoyed a speaker whose talk was titled "Building Moral Intelligence." It was all about teaching youth altruistic values and good character. It was well done.

We also had a good time exploring the town's thrift stores and eateries. We had a fun time at a place called Ruby's Diner (a lot like Johnny Rocket's if you're familiar with those places). I had a really good cheese burger and Mel had a HUGE chicken pot pie! I mean the thing was 8" across. (I helped her eat it)


;;;;;;;;

These are just a couple of pictures that we took along the way. Everywhere you go down there you see windmills. The photo in the right is from the trip home. Beautiful blue skies with cotton ball clouds. And this is the bad weather season. I could live in a place like that. Close to San Diego, Phoenix, and really not much farther from Salt Lake. Maybe. . .

2 comments:

Michelle & Trevor said...

I think wind farms look cool. It looks like you guys enjoyed Palm Springs! But you know, if you moved to Palm Springs, you would be close enough to Disneyland that you would be obligated to take your grandkids there at least every other year.

Just sayin'

Kim said...

Yeah! Move closer to Phoenix!