Monday, August 22, 2011

More Bodega Bay

One of the problems with having so many cameras (my standard digital camera, the camera on my iPod, and the camera on my Android smart phone - all of which have zoom, take both still and video , and have relatively high resolution - the iPod even takes 360 deg panoramic shots) is that sometimes I forget that I took pictures with more than one of them while on a trip or outing.

So what you see below are photos from my phone that I took while wandering up the beach early one morning at Bodega Bay a few weeks ago, like the wonderful site of the ocean just over the rise as I approached.




People gather driftwood and build structures or forts, sometime to break the wind, and sometimes just to be creative - like these

;;;;;;;;


I climbed to the top of this one. It was about 12' high



At the far south end of the beach there was this little cave, maybe 5 1/2' in diameter. I walked in as far as I it went (maybe 20'). The shot on the left is looking into the cave, the one on the right is looking out.

;;;;;;;;

I really do enjoy going over to camp at Bodega Bay. I did a pretty fair amount of boogie boarding, even though there were no pictures this time.

1 comment:

Michelle & Trevor said...

This is what we're doing in two weeks to celebrate our anniversary this year! Except not in Bodega Bay. I'm so excited to go beach camping since we haven't done that in so long. Those are some fun driftwood sculptures. When you come out to see us we can show you the Nessie sculpture.