Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Double Nickel

I had a great 55th birthday. Pam and her kids, and Kim came for the week, Chris' family and us did Face Time with our iPod/iPads, David called and Shelly is recovering from her and her kid's illness (I saw that on Face Book).

I had doughnuts for breakfast, leftover gyoza for lunch, a chocolate dipped soft-serve from Dairy Queen for afternoon snack, and HAMBURGERS! for dinner. Kim made a really great mummy face on my orange cake - Yummm!

Below is probably the funniest birthday card I've ever gotten. Thanks for a wonderful day sweetheart.

Outside of the card



Inside of the card




The Cake

3 comments:

David Peter said...

Ha ha! That is a funny card. I love the cake too, definitely the most creative cake I have seen in a long time.

Michelle & Trevor said...

Man, you're lucky to have THE CAKE MASTER for your birthday!! That looks great! And I don't understand why corn on the cob wouldn't be pertinent to your birthday. In our family, corn on the cob is appropriate in every situation.

mr.math said...

It sounds like a memorable birthday. I also agree with Shelly, but love the card. Hope the rest of the year goes as well!