Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Alf Hall is a Puzzle to Me

I found this photo of my great grandfather Alf Hall (my grandpa Hall's Dad) in some files that my brother Mike uploaded to Google Docs sometime ago. Of all the photos I've seen of my ancestors, I think I resemble this one somewhat. None of the others have even been close



A year or so ago I was buying puzzles for Grant to get into (he loves them, and can focus his energy like no kid that age that I've ever seen before). There was a different kind of puzzle there too that allows you to use a personal photo, then makes a map using the 300 pieces that come with it so that you can make you own puzzle from the personal photo. You can re-do it over and over again using different photos.



I thought that was pretty cool, so I bought it and have put a few together. The one above of is my good friend Alf in puzzle form. I don't know if he would approve or not. But I have often thought over the years that I am more like my grandpa Vern than I am like my father (and probably getting more like him every day, to my wife's chagrin) so who knows, maybe I got a portion of his Dad's qualities as well. And not just the dark hair and heavy eyebrows.

No comments: