Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Backyard Project Update


Yesterday I rented a very large walk-behind tiller and tore up the back yard. I spent about 4 hours working that thing around in the corners and back and forth to loosen everything up. I had some appointments in the morning so I didn't get started till noon. I picked up a little sunburn on my neck, and I felt like I had worked all day, that's for sure.






So this is what it looked like this morning when I started raking it out. I bought one of those 36" landscaping rakes to start leveling the ground. I'm going to rent a hand-drawn grader next, then start rolling it - grading - rolling - grading, etc. until we get it firm and level.

Hopefully by then Mom and I will have come to terms on how we want it to look (she favors curves and bushes, I favor straight lines and grass). But as the Beatles sang: "We can work it out." Stay tuned.

No comments: