Monday, September 3, 2012

Yard Update


So I finally have a few minutes today to give you a brief update. In spite of being the laziest man on earth, I managed to do a little work last Saturday to finish up one portion of the back yard improvement. The first photos you see below are actually something I did  month or so ago. It's the beginning of a short retaining wall that will eventually make it's way around to the back fence, enclosing a raised garden bed for Melody to use. She got the idea from her sister Colleen when we her in Idaho visited there last month.



What I was able to complete last Saturday was the patio portion from the stairs to the garage. You might not guess it, but there are 127 16" square paving blocks laid out there. Each one weighing just over 30 lbs. I have them set in the dirt for easy removal should one need to be replaced.


This ares is completely shaded by 3pm, so it should be a great place to hang out in the evenings fro BBQ's or whatever. Maybe I'll put my hammock up there.

We had John Stentzel come by and give us a quote for hyro-seeding and installing a sprinkler system. He'll get started in a couple of weeks, which means it probably won't be ready for grand kids to run and play on until after Pam & Rob are here in mid-October. But there's always the school across the street.