Sunday, November 18, 2012

Race Day

Last Saturday was the 4th annual Hand of Hope "Turkey Trot" 5K race. It's held this same weekend every year, and the first two years the weather was relatively clear and cold. Last year was rainy, but only enough to get a little wet by the time the race was over. This year was quiet a different matter. It was the nastiest weather day of the year I think. Wind howling in from the south, heavy rain drenching everyone who ventured out after only seconds. The picture below, and the video below that, don't do it justice.




But I had paid my $15 (going to a good cause) and I didn't want to cheat myself out of any of the action. I was completely soaked through by the time I'd run 10 yards. Well, okay, I had on a good, light weight rubber rain coat with a hood and a hat, but everything from the waist down was drenched. Into the wind I trudged (along with the other 200 crazies) and around the streets we ran till we ended up back at River Valley High School. It was not fun, but the free pancakes and sausage afterwards made it worthwhile.


Me. After the race. Still wet, but glad to be home.


The Butcharts Visit

When I got home from the race at 10:00 Trevor and Michelle and their cute kids had just arrived. They drove though the night (a smart thing to do with young kids), and it was great to see them. Later in the afternoon, just as it was getting dark, I was up in the twins' room playing with them on the bed. Jane is bouncing on the bed with the cow pillow, and Lizzie is at the window looking at the sights.






Below is Lizzie playing with the dress-up glasses from the diaper bag. Where did she get that look?




No comments: