Monday, November 12, 2012

A This an' a That

A few photos and comments on the passing scene (a la Thomas Sowell). 

First, a short, very poor quality, video from the gathering in honor of Peter O's birthday. I just used my phone, it was shot in low light, and there's not really much going on at this point in the proceedings. But you get a quick view of all the major players, including: Leigh-Ann, her mother Katrina, sister Abby, brother Thomas, James holding Chelsea, Peter, Grandma, Melody and Sabrina.


I think the really funny part of this was when someone was describing Peter asking Leigh-Ann if he could have a few family members over for cake and ice cream for his birthday, to which she replied: yes Peter, you can have a birthday party. I don't know how they managed to do it, but all of the Rich and Peter Hall kids have married wonderful spouses, and into great families.


Now for the really important stuff. FOOD! (Like from the musical Oliver! Food, glorious food!) Anyway, Mom and I spent most of the day down in Sacramento, Citrus Heights, and Roseville shopping (well, she did the shopping, I did the waiting), for Christmas and what-not at stores that are only available there. My favorite stops were IKEA (see the hard bread and cheese below, yum!) and World Market (see the two ginger items at the bottom). We also hit Deseret Book and the Distribution Center, and the Hobby Lobby in Roseville. It's a good thing we don't live closer to that place. I think Mom and I  both would spend too much money there. Her on crafts and gifts, and me on solid fuel rockets, rubber band driven airplanes, DNA and other molecule models, mini-observatories, solar cars and robots, and etc., etc., etc.


The label says to pour it over pancakes, waffles,
or ice cream or in hot water to make a tea. Wow!
Absolutely the best ginger drink I can find, bar none!

So to reward me for being a good peanut and waiting patiently for her, Mom took me to "The Habit Hamburgers" in Roseville. It's a kind of an up-scale burger place, with food at least as good as In-N-Out, but a bigger menu. Even though we got home later than I had hoped, it was a good trip.



1 comment:

Michelle & Trevor said...

That looks like hard bread and a soft cheese. I'd rather have a hard cheese and a soft bread! I love seeing everyone over at "the cousins" for a bithday party again. It brings back good memories! Can't wait to spend time with all of you next week!!