Monday, May 5, 2008

REI . . . Whoa!

After visiting the auction we drove down to Recreational Equipment Inc. I love spending time in that store. Everything you could ever want - and very little I can afford. The stated purpose for the trip was to buy a bunch of food for the 50 mile hike this summer - they were having a big sale. Of course, I also took the opportunity to pick up my annual gadget. (I usually get to buy one new outdoor sports "toy" every year). This time I bought a Steri-Pen, which is a device that purifies water with ultra-violet light. 45 sec. to do 1 litre. No more pumping, no more filters, no more heavy, bulky item that is a "must carry." This little guy is slightly larger than two ink pens and weighs 2-3 oz. It even comes with a solar charger so you don't have to buy batteries. Very cool.

Anyway, if any of you want to get me a Father's day present, I would gladly accept one of the items seen below. They start at around $3,000, so if it doesn't happen this year, I'll understand.

1 comment:

Michelle & Trevor said...

COOL!! That Steri-Pen sounds awesome!