Thursday, May 1, 2008

El Chorro: The video explained

I got the information below from a travel web site:

El Chorro is a place in Spain very popular with climbing enthusiasts. It has some very steep cliffs. They are 180 meters high. The original trail was built in 1901, but to get an impression of the astounding size of these cliffs, in 1921 a walking path along the cliff was made, the Camino del Rey (King's road). All the travel books (including the information in the nearby village) suggest you can still walk over this path. It apparently led to water gates that could be opened in dry seasons.

2 comments:

Andy M said...

What a crazy path! I'd love to walk it too. It looks kinda dangerous but I'm sure if there was mysterious techno music playing I'd have the courage.

P&M Inc. said...

Yeah, I like the mysterious techno thing. The cable stretched along the entire path makes me feel even better. What a view!