Thursday, August 7, 2008

Family Reunion's are Great!


The last weekend of July I got to attend the Carr/Spencer Reunion in Spokane. It was 3 days of food, fun and family! My cousin Annette shared her beautiful home with several families which made for easy visiting. We spent one day at a nearby amusement park. Here is a picture of the roller coaster I rode with my eyes closed (they wouldn't open!)

Here is most of the Group at the park in our nifty yellow t-shirts.


In case some of you have never seen this ride before, it is called the tilt-a-whirl and it has a history in our family reunions. My cousin, Annette and I have ridden the tilt-a-whirl at reunions for at least 40 - 50 years. They had one at Julia Davis Park in Boise and I remember going back to my mom several times during the day, begging for a quarter to ride just ONE more time!
We had a great ride, Annette's mom & grandson rode with us.
It was so neat to renew family friendships and get to know the up and coming generation. We're hoping to keep up the tradition - The Woolstenhulmes are planning one for 2010!! If any of my children are reading this - put it on the calendar now!!!

1 comment:

Michelle & Trevor said...

Oh, I WISH I could have gone!!