Monday, October 6, 2008

Tagged

No, I'm not turning this into a gang site (Westside Mormons? no - not that kind of 'tagged') but since I enjoyed Lorna's tag, and Michelle's tag, I may as well weigh in:

1. I was a round little kid when I was young. My parents kindly called me "stocky." It wasn't till the 7th grade before I began to thin out.

2. The reason for thinning out was that I grew 10.5 inches in height in two years. (5'0" at the end of 6th grade - 5'10.5" at the end of 8th grade).

3. I've been to 37 of the 50 states and at least 10 foreign countries.

4. My first gig as a professional musician was at age 16. At Konocti Harbor and Inn on Clearlake. Playing in a jazz group on a big two story stern-wheeled riverboat out on the lake. 4th of July 1973.

5. I was paid $8,000 for my first year of teaching. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. That year I went from working two jobs and going to school full time, making about $3,000 a year - to working only one job, not going to school (as a student) and making over twice that much.

6. Every Sunday when I was little I would do my best to get dressed properly for Church, then ask my Dad how I looked. He would always say: you're a good looking dog. And I thought he was giving me a compliment.

7. I would probably enjoy hiking, by myself, in a remote back-country area for two weeks, more than almost anything else in the world.

1 comment:

Michelle & Trevor said...

Yeah! You would enjoy hiking until you ended up on a Discovery Channel Special called "I Shouldnt be Alive: The Peter Hall Story".

Also: 8,000 dollars? Geez, what was the poverty level then?