Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend

This was a pretty good week, without too many meetings or other commitments. Mom took advantage of the time she had to get some big projects started and completed (or nearly so). First, she re-coated the upstairs bathtub. We kind of felt that with a visiting authority coming for stake conference in two weeks, we ought to at least have a decent bathroom for him to use. (Okay, now she tells me she did it for Pam and her kids as well. Who knew...)


Then yesterday she painted the downstairs bedroom. For those who have seen Michelle's "Andes Mint" colored room - it's very much the same green, only our chocolate color is in the carpet not on the walls.

Another project she completed this past week was a new wall hanging for downstairs that reminisces about the houses we and our children have lived in over the years. Not every home is shown, but many are.


As for me, I had Church business to do most of the week, and didn't really do much yesterday except watch conference. Rich and James and I went out to eat after Priesthood meeting to Hometown Buffet, which is always good for me. It also always brings back fond memories of the time when Pam used worked there. I liked helping her count out the tips she had earned (and which she stuffed in her socks while she was at work). Best of all, I like the fact that I can always get fish and seafood there, along with everything else. Good eats!

You'll notice that I have done a little 'sprucing up' of our blog, too. Check out the added links in the right-hand column to Church related sites and other family blogs. Rich's newly posted blog is among them.

This next week will be very busy for me with bishops interviews every night, along with a special fireside regarding Prop 8 one night, and speaking to the stake R.S. leaders another night, not to mention GATE testing of all 3rd graders a school (which I direct). But the end of the week will bring Pam and Grant and Lucy. YEA! That means more photos. See ya in the funny papers!

No comments: