Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4th

We had a reasonably good day on the 4th. It got better as things rolled along. Mel and I both worked on some of the projects that we each have on out lengthy list to accomplish this summer (which seems to get shorter every year).

I prepared the new rain gutters for installation, Mom sewed, I put the air conditioners in the windows, Mom did some other work.

Later I grilled hamburgers and made some home-made root beer. We had our favorite cabbage salad, potato chips, fruit and ice cream with the sweetest black berries I've ever eaten! Yumm.

The best part was the fireworks show that night. I wish I had photos to share, but no luck. Some of you will remember that the folks down the street from us always have a lot of combined ground works, and a few illegal bottle rockets. This year they had TONS of ground works (several combined families) and lots and lots of rockets! Melody & I stood out there and watched for some time. It was the best fireworks display I've seen in years. Hope you all had enjoyable days too.

1 comment:

Andy and Saramarie Bourne said...

I miss your homemade root beer.