Friday, July 15, 2011

You Guys Remember This?

In the first 15 years we were married, we never lived in a place with a garage. So we saved our money, asked my Dad to be the "consulting engineer", and I built a garage next to the house. After we poured the slab floor and before I started framing it, I had the and Mom join me in putting our hand prints in the wet cement.



I didn't really plan too well, because when I installed the door the threshold ended up covering the date, Mom's & my names, and part of Chris' name. (You can just make out the lighter strip at the bottom.)

This may have to go with us if we ever leave this house - along with the downstairs closet door where how tall each of you were on various dates is recorded. (And Kim's infamous "height" statement.)



Another Baby Hall

No, not in our immediate family, but most of you know James and Sabrina are expecting in November. Today she let us know that she had just come from her latest ultrasound - and found out they are expecting a girl!

No comments: