Monday, September 5, 2011

River Trip

I finally got out on the river with the repaired canoe. It wasn't as much fun as I had hoped, mostly because the Feather River is so slow moving as it passes Yuba City, it's like paddling across a lake. It took me way longer to get down the couple of miles I'd planned (and with almost no current, it was WAY too much work). Below is a pic of the landing where I got out at Boyd Pump boat ramp.




The real excitement was going over the little falls. I almost kept it upright, but the thing is so short and light, and unstable - well, it went over and tossed me out. I pulled it to shore and righted it, then went on my way. It really was the only thing that made the trip exciting.

But I took my sport-cam with me and filmed the whole trip. Below is a shortened version with all the high points (my dip in the drink included).



You may or may not think it's worth watching to the end. But here it is, warts and all.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Silly Grandpa you fell over!
love,
Grant

mr.math said...

Been there, done that with Grandpa HG and Sue too. It was pretty scary as we didn't find Suzanne right away. Enjoy the ride!

R. L. Hall said...

Loved the warts. Congratulations on your maiden voyage.