Monday, May 14, 2012

The Flower Are Free Today

All of our kids (with the exception of Chris, who was on his mission) will recognize the joke in the title. . .  but I'll come back to that later. I took Mom out to dinner Friday night to Red Robin. She always likes going there, but I can rarely talk her into getting a "Mountain High Mud Pie", which is this huge stack of chocolate ice cream and cake and whipped cream. Yum! But she had a great salad (with enough left for lunch the next day, which is her favorite thing to do), I had a great hamburger (which is my favorite thing to do) and we headed over to Dairy Queen for a couple of chocolate dipped soft-served cones. Yeah!


So Saturday Mel went down to help set up for a wedding reception and I headed to the store for a couple of special items for Mothers Day. I paid at the checkout stand, but it wasn't until Sunday when I examined the receipt that I noticed they hadn't charged me for the flowers. The lady scanned the tag - but it didn't show up on the receipt. (Rats, now I have to go back and try to get them to take the  money I owe them. That's harder to do than you might think.) So that's why the "flowers are free today."

Anyway, Mom says she had a good day, in spite of my feeble attempts to do things special for her. I think the real winning event was being able to hear from all of her children. Thanks for making is great day for her!

YOU'RE THE BEST!

No comments: