Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012


To start the festivities, I present my favorite cartoon on my favorite day. 





On the front door I hung my cool skull lantern that glows with different colored lights in sequence. 




I got a new specter  with eyes that glow red. The idea for the Jack-O-Lantern eating the legs came from Kim. I don't know why I didn't think of it myself. I got the two lighted skulls last year as part of a set o 5 that can be staked in a line in the lawn.




This idea came to me at the last minute as I was setting up some of the other tricks. Doesn't he look good there? But that's only half the story. I reprized a gag from several years ago. See below.





Yes! The old man slammed under the car hood, and Mr. Bones looks like the culprit.




And as it got dark, the light under the dashboard added a great effect. 



Unfortunately, it started to rain hard before any Trick-Or-Treaters could arrive. Only four brave little kids showed up. So I almost went to all this work for nothing. On the other hand, the biggest reason I do all this is because I enjoy it so much. I wish you could have seen it in the dark. Very nice. Purple lights around the door, orange rope lights lining the walkway, the lighted skeleton, the glowing specter. I real Halloween treat.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Your Halloween decorations never disappoint! I love the pumpkin eating the witch, and the entire car scene.