Saturday, February 14, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY !

Hope you are all having a great day. One of the best things for me so far today was getting to sleep in. I've been trying to get over a cold that has left me voiceless for two days. The next three days without having to speak much is a welcome relief.

In the photo below you'll see the red tulips and candy I got for Mom, and the strawberries, whipped cream and DVD she got for me. The DVD has four Katherine Hepburn movies on it. Two with Spencer Tracy and two with Cary Grant. What a surprise! Since it's rainy here today I may just 'veg' out and watch movies all day.

Valentine Gifts;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;A face only your mother could love
;;;;;;;;

The photo on the right is a 'warts and all' shot taken just after we got up and moving this morning. One of the cards I got your Mom (I always find more that one that I feel like I should get her) said: "Thanks for putting up with me all these years. Even all those times when you were mad at me for no reason." I thought that expressed it well. We both laughed.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy V-Day, hope you get feeling better soon. What a fun weekend to spend with Aunt Mel and Katherine Hepburn. And great card choice.

Lisa said...

Why do you always have your voice when we are in town? Just kidding, hope you feel better.

Pam said...

That is funny - Rob came home with the very same DVD for me as a v-day present :) We watched "Bringing up Baby" last night!