Tuesday, November 2, 2010

THE GIANTS WIN THE SERIES!

Mom and I watched game 5 of the World Series last night for FHE. It's been an unexpected pleasure for me to see the Giants do so well this year. I remember following the A's as a youth and watching their great teams of the mid-70's. But ever since I moved back here in 1981, I've been a die-hard Giants fan - most years with little so show for it.

;;;;;;;;

My good friend Stan Richins was at last Thursday's Game 2 at Pac-Bell Park and picked up these souvenirs for me. The orange rally towel and the placard that became the rallying cry for all Giants fans this year, as the bull pen grew beards in support of one another.

From 4th place, 6.5 games out half way through August, to world champions. First time in 56 years - and first time ever since moving to Sn Francisco. What a ride.


This would be a fun (but expensive) Christmas present.

No comments: