Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween 2013


My free-hand attempt at a "Nightmare Before Christmas" type face.





My efforts for the ward Trunk-O-Treat activity. It frightened a few, but not too many, young ones. I actually won second prize in the decorating contest. Shoot, if I had known there was going to be a contest, I would have really done it right.

Note the fog, the laughing skeletons, Pam's snake, the caution tape, and the glowing skull lantern. Oh, and the bowl of candy!




From my Instagram postings - the day and night time view of one of my spooky doorstep tricks.




The lighted skeleton heads are one of my favorites. And the door design worked out well. One girl (she must have been at least 10 or 11) was pretty frightened by the moving ghost on the left. Yes!







Arsenic and Old Lace

I'm sure you all recognize scenes from our favorite Halloween movie below. Some of my favorite lines:

"Oo, now I got him Johnny!" Dr. Einstein to Johnny Brewster

" I don't think he and I would go to the same place." Dr. Einstein to Mortimer Brewster

"Oh Elaine." " Oh Mortimer." Mortimer to Elaine and vice verse

"I'm not a Brewster! I'm a son of a sea cook!!" Mortimer to Elaine.

"But across the river (from Brooklyn) in the United States proper. . ."




It was a fun evening.


2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! I love Halloween too!

R. L. Hall said...

I watched that on Halloween too. My favorite line (in addition to the one about Brooklyn, where I spent a few months of my mission, in "Greenpernt"): "One thing at a time dear, one thing at a time."