Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving Is Over - Here Comes Christmas!

Chris helped me, and I spent several hours today getting the Christmas lights up on the house. It really doesn't take more than an hour and a half or so - if all the lights are working. But that rarely happens, so most of my time is spent fixing light strands and going to the store to replace irreparable ones. And this is not quite complete. I still need to get the white icicles up across the bottom of the bedroom windows, and for the first time ever, I'd like to put a strand around the front room window. 


Of course, some other things have to take place before before the fun starts. I have the annual Christmas Concert with the Barry & Tierra Buena Bands on the 5th. I have HUGE groups this year totaling nearly 200 students between the two schools. And they are doing pretty well.

Then there's Stake Conference on the 7th and 8th. Things are looking good for that too. Though my comments for the leadership and adult sessions are set, I'm not sure just what I'll say in the general session yet. I'm sure the right thing will come.

I've started playing my Christmas play lists in my car and I'll probably be able to do some Christmas shopping before too long. This is the SOP for this time of year.

1 comment:

Kim said...

What's on your Christmas music playlist? I'm trying to expand mine.