Saturday, May 22, 2010

Another "Work Day"

Some of you may remember long before the days of Relief Society Enrichment meetings, and back before the days of Homemaking meetings - there were Relief Society Work Days.

Now we just call them "Relief Society" meetings. (Even though I almost caught our stake RS president reverting to the 'work day' nomenclature last Thursday.) This morning was one such day for our stake, and it was very well done with workshops, and presentations, and lunch. Grandma Hall (my mom) teamed up with Josephine (George) Powell to present on making the most of one's Golden Years.

After all that was done, Melody and I went home and had a REAL work day. She caulked around the trim and I hauled stepping stones out of the plot of ground formerly known as the garden. We each also did our weekly Saturday chores like mowing lawns, cleaning bathrooms, fixing stuff that is broken, and doing the washing.

* * * * *

I took time to ride my motorcycle out around the rice farms and wildlife refuges that dominate our surrounding landscape. I went with a good friend. It was windy and actually got a bit chilly. (This cold in the last half of May?!? What's up with that?) Summer may never come this year.

* * * * *

This evening I'll spend a few minutes preparing for a wedding I've been asked to perform next week. School is winding down - but there's no relief in sight. Fortunately, Pam and Rob and their family (and Kim) are coming out for a visit the following week. That will be fun.

1 comment:

David Peter said...

I don't want to hear about the "cold" you are having in California, it snowed here here Rexburg yesterday...