Monday, May 31, 2010

Decoration Day

Before Memorial Day there was Decoration Day. We try to honor the day and the people it was intended to honor. I admit however, that today was a little different

We spent a good portion of the day working around the house, Mom cleaning and me fixing things, trying to get ready for the visits this weekend.

This afternoon we drove out to the cemetery and visited graves, put flowers on a few, and took some pictures.


Dad's grave marker with our flowers on the left, probably Grandma's flowers
on the right, and the flag the cemetery puts our for veterans up in the corner.






Servicemen grave markers all lined up as if in formation.
I think this is one of he prettiest parts of the cemetery.






One of the wards in our stake is named Buttes Vista. It does not include the town of Sutter
in it's boundaries. But if you drive to Sutter, you can see this very pretty Buttes vista.



2 comments:

Michelle & Trevor said...

Grandpa's grave marker looks great! I like the flowers you and Grandma put there. Now I wish that we had gone to see it while we were there, since Trevor's never seen it. We should do that next time!

mr.math said...

As I look at these pictures, I can almost hear one of my brothers playing th bugle.