Sunday, March 9, 2008

The scene is clear, I have gloves on!

Yesterday I re-took a course in CPR. It's been a few years since if renewed my certificate so I thought it would be a good thing to do. I was told it would be from 9-12 Saturday morning, and even though I had a hard time imagining how they were going to stretch it into a 3 hour gig (I mean, how long does it take to learn that you give 2 breaths then 30 compressions and repeat?) I set the time aside and dove in.

SIX HOURS LATER! I'm finally done with the the course (I'm reminded of Pam's great line: "All I can think of is bad words") Those of you who know me well (and you all do) know that probably my greatest weakness is not being able to suffer through unexpected time delays. I was trying somewhat unsuccessfully to smile through it all. This turned out to be a full blown First Aid/CPR certification class. And we didn't even break for lunch. So on the way home I swing through the drive through to get a hamburger (I love hamburgers, they always make me feel better) and get stuck behind the one person in a line of ten cars who has trouble with their order. Arrrgh.

Well, the rest of the day got better from then on. How could it get worse? I'm happy to have my CPR certification renewed, and I will continue working on my attitude.

Oh, the title for this post comes from the first words we were supposed to say every time we performed for our instructors. Remember to be safe - and always wear gloves.

3 comments:

Lorna said...

I too love a hamburger and by the way, CPR is totally overrated! Like, who ever uses it!!!??;)

P&M Inc. said...

Can't argue with you on that one. I only ever SEEN anyone use it once my whole life.

Mrs. Miller said...

2 breaths and 30 as in THIRTY compressions? Didn't it used to be 5 compressions and 2 breaths? Seems like that is a long time in between breaths. Are they trying to save lives or kill people off and make it look like a rescue? You should bring a pair of gloves to school and begin all of your classes with that phrase.